New Zealand Privacy Act 1993
Clark Equipment New Zealand Limited is bound by the laws and regulations of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
Collecting personal information about you
The kind of personal information we collect and hold about you will depend upon the type of product and services you request from us. However, it may include:
- Information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include, for example, your name, address, and contact details. In the case of sole traders and office holders, it may also include date of birth, address, and drivers’ licence/heavy vehicle licence information;
- Contact information you provide as part of warranty registration;
- Financial information about you such as your financial position and information obtained from credit checks and credit reporting bureaus (but only if you have authorised us to carry out those checks);
- Communications between us and you;
- Transactional information about your use of a product we have provided to you;
- Email addresses and phone numbers
Personal information that is received by us is afforded appropriate privacy protection, even when we have not solicited the personal information.
We do not knowingly collect personal information about persons in vulnerable segments of the community (such as children).
This personal information is stored electronically, in computer systems, and manual records.
As most websites do, we sometimes track usage patterns on the website on an anonymous aggregate basis. Your identity cannot reasonably be ascertained from this information. Each time you visit our website, a web server may make a record of your visit specifically, it records your:
- internet provider (IP) address;
- date and time of your visit;
- pages accessed; and
- the documents downloaded.
Using and disclosing your personal information
1. The purposes for which we collect and hold personal information and how we use it.
We respect your privacy. Any personal information which we collect about you will generally be used by us to assess an application by you for products or services which we may provide and, if that application is successful, to provide those products and services to you. We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about other products and services offered or distributed by us.
Some personal information may be used to facilitate:
- The registration of our interests in property under PPSR, where appropriate
- The delivery of marketing information, bulletins, literature, and promotional information and offerings
- The recording and registration of products you have purchased, for warranty purposes
- An application for finance from a finance provider or bank, for whom we act as a referral partner/introducer
- On-going provision of service and support
2. Direct marketing
Personal information may be used to facilitate the delivery (by post, electronic messaging, or email) of marketing and promotional information and product and services offerings. To opt out from receiving such information, you can notify us by accessing the “contact us” section of our website, or unsubscribe from direct marketing emails.
3. Contracting out services and disclosures
We contract out some of our functions to external service providers. We may disclose your personal information to those service providers but only so that they can provide the services that we have contracted out to them.
4. Disclosure to overseas recipients
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients located in Australia, USA, Europe, and Korea for the purpose of lodgement of warranty registration against the overseas manufacturer, when applicable.
Access to personal information
In most cases, you can gain access to personal information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be correct if you think it is wrong. If you would like to ask for a copy of your information, or have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 09 247 4974, or Po Box 58-163, Botany, Manukau, 2163.